Monday 18 April 2011

Bucharest Memories

Everyone has their best holiday. When you feel you are at the place that suits you most you know how I felt when I was in Bucharest. Here are my Bucharest memories.

For a Western European, Bucharest looks a bit oriental. But it was just my first impression. It has its unique architecture and a mixture of all different cultural epochs in Europe. That is why I felt like i belonged there. The more I stayed, the more I liked it.
Let's start from where it all began. I just decided to take the chance and book a room in a Bucharest hotel with promotional discount. The offer was quite tempting, cheap and at a central location. Romania was among the countries I have not been to, so I decided at once.
Days passed and soon the journey began. Upon arrival, the thing that made me laugh was the funny way people were talking. I had no idea of Romanian language, but trust me, there is no funnier one. “Shapte”, “tchinchi”: this is how they pronounced 7 and 10. But generalizations aside, there is much more you can fall in love with while your in Bucharest.
In my Bucharest hotel I found a tourist guide. It looked as if someone has already used it, which was quite good. So I trusted it. The first thing to visit was the Palace of Parliament. It is the most fascinating architectural masterpiece ever. If you get the chance to visit it, do not hesitate but do it. It was built with the purpose to impress and take aback.
Words are not enough to explain it. Go there – seeing is believing.

No comments:

Post a Comment